9.12.2010

The Joy of Sundays

I love not being in college anymore, but it really hits me on Sundays (especially now that it's cooling off). Sundays were the worst when I would come home from college because I just wanted to kick back and relax with my parents without worrying about getting back to school in time to finish my homework for the week. That being said, Sundays are quite possibly my favorite days now.

Today has been great. Sadly, I wasn't feeling well this morning, so I missed church, but it gave me time to do other stuff that needed to be done: I cleaned a bit, played with Stormie, started a new painting and figured out what I want to add to my tattoo. Later on, Jaci came home and spent the afternoon/evening with us. I still can't believe my baby sister is off in college now.


A little later, Becca-boo

texted me to see if I wanted to go for a drive....hmmm....let me think....going for a drive through the country with the windows down, music up, perfect weather, great friend?....duh!! Of course I wanted to go, and it was just as perfect as it sounds. Then we continued to enjoy the great weather by talking music on the patio and making Stormie look like a balla!
I now begin the conclusion of my day on the back porch until the sun goes down reading for my book club.
I may or may not be obsessed with reading...lets go with I am. I love to read so much. It's one of my most favorite things to do because you can do it whenever you want. If it's raining outside-pull a chair next to the window and read with the sound of raindrops in the background, if it's cold outside-curl up with a blanket next to the fire with a book and kettle corn mixed with cinnamon (it's delightful), if it's nice outside-go read outside, if it's too hot-stay cool in the air condition and read a book. You see what I'm saying? Reading is always a great thing to do. Did you know that after your elementary years of vocab tests, the main way adults continue to increase their vocabulary is primarily through reading? I'm just sayin'....

So anyway, my good friend/coworker, Karen, started a book club and I'm way grateful because it has connected five girls who share a passion for reading. I didn't know any of them before the group and still have one more to meet, but the two that I met last time were great! Keisha is one of the girls in the book club and she is just so fun! Not only do we both love books, but we are both passionate about music AND we have the same taste in guys. That's plenty for us to bond over!

So, that explains why I chose the bookshelf in my background. I was going to do something of my own, but I really love the bookshelf. I fully intend on having an awesome library when I'm old. And I'm going to sit in there forever and read all the time.

So, that's all I've got for now. Next time I have a boring day, I'm going to blog about my trip to Texas that was last weekend. There are a couple good stories there, so stay tuned!

Music for today: Vitamin String Quartet - Coldplay's The Scientist

No comments:

Post a Comment