1.12.2013

I Wonder...

For all my fellow over-thinkers and analyzers, the phrase 'I wonder...' probably goes through your mind way too many times a day.


It all seems harmless, but what are you really accomplishing by wondering your life away?

The dictionary partially describes the word wonder in the noun form as "a feeling of puzzlement or doubt" and in the verb form as "to be filled with curiosity or doubt." - Is that what you want to be filling your mind with?

The Bible says -

Truly I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them.  Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
- Mark 11:23-24

It doesn't say "Whatever you ask for in prayer, wonder if you'll receive it." It says, "Whatever you ask for in prayer, BELIEVE that you have received it." 

Rather than wonder about the future, let's go to God and believe for the things we ask for. 

A real world example: I fell down on my broken foot yesterday. Rather than working myself into a frenzy worrying that I've hurt it more or that it cause the bone to pull away more and require surgery, I'm choosing to believe that it's fine. I pray for protection over my foot every single morning when I wake up and every single night when I go to bed. Rather than wonder if I messed it up and will need surgery, I'm choosing to believe that God hears my prayers and his protection was over my foot when I fell. 

For you, it may be that you need to stop wondering what will happen at work tomorrow - if you'll make the deal, if your meeting will go smoothly. Or, perhaps you need to stop wondering how you're children are doing - are they getting good grades, are the making good decisions? 

Stop wondering and start praying and believing. It's not easy - you really have to think about what you're thinking about and stop it immediately, but the Lord has given us all the tools we need to accomplish this lifestyle change because his power dwells within us.

No comments:

Post a Comment