1.14.2013

Wifedom

wifedom   

noun: 1. a woman joined in marriage to a man; a woman considered in relation to her husband; spouse.

Ever since starting back up, I've known my blog needed a change of title. My next stage of life is no longer reckless abandon. Don't get me wrong - I'm still called to abandon myself, my desires and my natural tendencies to live my life according to the will of The Lord. However, the season for reckless abandon, for jumping head first into new things, is over.

I'm about to be a wife. I can't be selfish anymore. I can't do what I want without thinking about others. I'm going to have a husband to consider and put above myself - I couldn't be more thrilled.

My main concern these days is becoming a wife worthy of such an amazing husband. Through this experience of dating and engagement, I'm learning just how selfish my natural tendency is, but Justin makes it easy for me to want to change.

Today is our one year anniversary of dating, so I thought it would be the perfect day for a new title and to tell you a bit about the man I love.


I feel so incredibly blessed to have a man like Justin in my life. I used to think people were crazy when they would get married so soon after starting to date, but I get it now. I knew I was going to marry Justin during our first coffee date. Why do I love him so much? Here's a quick rundown:
  • He's patient. 
  • He's kind. 
  • He has a goofy side.
  • He's great with finances.
  • He loves to serve.
  • He's a super hot drummer.
  • He loves The Lord above all else. 
  • He leads me spiritually every day.
  • He's confident.
  • He gives me piggyback rides when my foot is broken and I'm too tired to go upstairs.
  • He loves movies so much that he doesn't notice anything going on around him. 
  • He believes the best about people.
  • He protected my heart during our whole dating experience and continues to do so. 
  • He would scratch my back every day if I asked him to.
  • He's responsible. 
  • He strives for excellence in everything he does. 
  • He's great with technology. 
  • He understands the importance of making moments perfect. 
  • He's not afraid of commitment. 
Those are just a portion of the reasons why I can't wait until April 20th! 

Here's a rundown of our relationship in pictures:

We began dating January 14, 2012 and a month later both went out of town. We took this right before we left each other for the first extended period of time. 

We got back and talked about what pet names we like on this snowy day. He sure knows how to make moments stick.
Then we went to friends' weddings and patiently waited until it was our turn.


I surprised Justin with a day trip to Chatt for his 26th birthday.
Then he surprised me with a day trip to the Biltmore for my 24th brithday!

Somehow we ended up jumping out of planes.
He graduated online classes and earned his degree! We celebrated (naturally).
We got engaged!
Our first Christmas together!
And now we're patiently finishing out our engagement!

4 comments:

  1. Jessica, you are blessed for sure, but...so is Justin to get someone as awesome as you are...can't wait to walk with you through "wifedom"....love you - G~

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of the most beautiful writings I've ever seen.

    Love you, Jess.

    Dad2be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that scrunchy nose in your engagement pic is my fave. maybe i should use more abreeves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. EEEEEK!!! I love this post!!!! :) So exciting. So when are you going to write about "Next Stage of Life: Waiting on Mary to Move to Nashville"? ;)

    ReplyDelete