1.08.2013

Thankful and Moving Forward

I have so much to be thankful for.

For the sake of being honest, I haven't been doing well the past week. I let my anxiety and depression get the best of me and really really struggled for a while.

Today is a new day. I'm thankful that Jesus has already won the victory. I'm thankful that he has equipped me with the power to overcome the devil and his ridiculous tactics.

I have been crucified with Christ, it is not longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
Galations 2:20

As I sat in my room, awake at 2:00 in the morning a few days ago, consumed with anxiety, my parents reminded me of the truths of Christ. The devil overplayed his hand. I have a loving family, an amazing fiance, helpful friends, a flexible job and above all, the joy of the Lord. The devil didn't really have anything on me - my foot will heal and I will be able to drive again.

I'm thankful that this won't be like the last time. I won't allow myself to sit in the depression and drown in the anxiety - I have all the tools I need to fight it and remain in front of it.

I'm thankful for random people at McAlisters asking if they could pray for healing over my foot.

I'm thankful that this week is prayer and fasting at church, so I have the privilege of coming together with all my friends to pray and worship every day this week.

This time, I'm moving forward.

3 comments: